Kerala Lok Ayukta (Furnishing of Property Statement) Rules, 1999. ( G.O.(P) No. 61/99/vig.dated 30-6-1999, K.G. Exty No. 1288 dated 30-6-1999.) S.R.O. No 575/99 – In exercise of the powers conferred by clause (f) of section 23 of the Kerala Lok Ayukta Act, 1999 (8 of 1999) read with section 22 thereof, the Government of Kerala hereby make the following rules to prescribe the form and manner for submitting property statement, namely:-
1. Short title and commencement –
(1) These rules be called the Kerala Lok Ayukta (Furnishing of Property Statement) Rules, 1999.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Property Statement of Public Servants – Every public servant, other than a Government servant, shall submit to the competent authority, the statement showing the details of his assets and liabilities in Form A and the statements showing the details of movable properties and immovable properties, owned or acquired by him and the members of his family, in Form B and C, respectively, appended to these rules.
3. Correctness of the Property Statements.–
(1) The competent authority may verify the correctness of the statements submitted by the public man under rule 2 and for the purpose of such verification, the competent authority may conduct such enquires and call for such details, as may be necessary, from the public man concerned and from any department or other authority
(2) The competent authority may collect such statistics and other information, as may be necessary, for such verification and it shall be the duty of all departments and authorities concerned to furnish the same to the competent authority as and when called for.
(3) If the competent authority has reason to believe that a public man has failed to file the statements under Forms A,B and C or has filed his statements after the due date, without sufficient cause, or has filed false or incorrect statements, it shall be the duty of the competent authority to report the matter to the Lok Ayukta or the Upa Lok Ayukta as the case may be.